The Carbon Cemetery Association invites participants to the Annual Cleanup Day at the historic cemetery at Carbon on Saturday, May 16th, beginning at 10 in the morning (as always, weather cooperating). Lunch provided at noon; bring the beverage of your choice. If you wish, bring your rakes, pruning tools, gloves, and rubber gloves. This year we will apply preservative to the monuments, clip overgrowth, and conduct a general pickup, or you are welcome to bring your folding chair, enjoy the site, and converse with other visitors.
Carbon Cemetery is located on County Road 115 about 6 miles south of the turnoff on Highway 30. The turnoff is across from the gate to the windmills. (Please stay on the county road.)
Questions? Call 324-3915.
If you plan to come, please acquaint yourself with the cemetery etiquette.
Carbon Cemetery Etiquette
- Please treat this historical burial ground with respect.
- Photos are the best way to document inscriptions. Gravestone rubbing is discouraged.
- Please do not attempt to clean the stones or to move any cemetery features from one place to another.
- Please avoid putting weight on the gravestones – they could tip over and cause injury.
- Pets should be leashed.
- Please limit your visit to daylight hours.
- Firearms and metal detectors are prohibited.