NEUTERED DOG: $5.00 yearly
UNNEUTERED DOG: $10.00 yearly
Obtain or renew dog licenses at the Marshal’s Office 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday or at the Town Hall on Fridays. Bring proof of current rabies vaccination.
Please remember to get your dog license renewed or, if you are new in town, to have your dog licensed. If your dog is six months of age or over, it needs to be licensed. Your licenses expire on the 31st of December of every year.
You need to provide proof from your vet that your dog has received its rabies vaccinations and the expiration date of the rabies. If your dog has been licensed and the rabies vaccination has expired during the year, you must bring proof that your dog’s rabies vaccinations have been updated.
As a reminder, we will issue citations for those residents that are not in compliance with this town ordinace.
6.08.030 Registration and licensing–Required–Fees–Expiration.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to keep or harbor any dog over six months of age in the town of Hanna unless he shall cause the same to be registered and licensed by the town clerk and shall pay to the town clerk a registration fee as provided below:
- Five dollars for each neutered male or spayed female dog;
- Ten dollars for each un-neutered male or un-spayed female dog.
(Ord. 81, 1979, & Ord. 1005-001, 1-10-2006)
- All registration for dogs as provided in this chapter shall expire December 31st and be due on January 1st of each year. Registration must be completed within thirty days All dogs brought into the town of Hanna on or after July 1st of any year shall be licensed at one-half the regular fee.
- All dogs newly brought into town shall be registered within thirty days.
- All young dogs shall be registered within thirty days after becoming six months old. (Ord. 141 §1, 1982: Ord. 81 §5-9, 1979)
6.08.040 Vaccination certificate prerequisite to license issuance.